Thursday, 16 July 2015

DIY: Pet Bunting


Hi guys, today I thought I'd share a little DIY with you! This pet bunting is a perfect way to brighten up your home, in such a personalised way. You can add a lot of variations to this - you can use multiple pets, multiple photos, just their face or the whole body, different shapes or use pom poms instead of paper shapes. You could even customise it for special occasions, like adding snowflakes for Christmas. But anyway, this is how I did it...
You will need: 
- print outs of your pet on card
- a small card heart to use as a pattern, mine was about 2 inches wide
- wool/string/twine 
- patterned paper
- plain coloured paper
- scissors, glue, masking tape
 First, you need to print out pictures of your pet on white card. I printed mine 4 to each A4 page, after removing the background in Photoshop. I then cut them out, making sure to cut as close to the edge as possible (this was my favourite part as I had 8 adorable cats staring up at me). Next, I stuck them down on coloured paper, and cut them out again, this time with a border around 0.5cm thick.

Next, I cut out 9 paper hearts, using my card heart as a pattern, from both the patterned paper and the plain coloured paper (18 hearts in total). After this, I laid out my wool to begin creating the bunting. I started with a heart, and then alternated until I'd ran out of both (it should begin and end with a heart). To attach the hearts to the bunting, I taped the patterned paper to the bunting with masking tape, and stuck a plain heart over the top with glue. To attach the cats I taped them directly onto the plain paper on the back, and then stuck a small circle of the coloured paper over the top to hide the masking tape. 
Then, just continue adding hearts and cats alternately until you run out. I left about an 8 inch end of wool on either end of mine for displaying, and spaced the cats and hearts about 6 inches apart.
Then you're done! Now all you have to do is display it and enjoy your adorable pet bunting! Hope you liked the DIY, hoping to do a few more of these in the future.

Premade bunting available from my etsy shop here

Thanks for reading,
Amber xox