Wednesday, 19 August 2015

What's in my sketchbook? 1/?

Now that I'm getting ready to go back to uni in a few weeks for my second year, I'm starting to work more on preparing my sketchbook so I don't get completely overwhelmed this year. So, I thought I'd start a little series where I share a few pages of my sketchbook every week or so. It helps me look at it from a fresh perspective and get a little bit of feedback, so yay!

For this semester I decided to focus my project on childhood and the idea of not knowing what to do with my life - mainly, what do I want to be when I grow up? Having struggled with this a lot, it's quite a personal project, but I hope to develop it more broadly as I work through. It's been refreshing to work with more abstract styles of paint and to experiment with layering and mixed media. 

So that's it for this week! I hope you enjoyed this little insight, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
Amber, xo