Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Outfit: Pastel Power


 These photos were taken a while back, while I was still at home. Looking at them now, it feels like months ago - before you needed a jumper outside, before I had a million art degree things to do and before I was sniffling over lemsip because I have freshers flu. Yay.
 I did think I had managed to dodge the bullet this year, but no. It's always there, lurking until you least expect it.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Firstly, the thing I like most about this outfit is the bag. Is it not one of the coolest things you've ever seen? Yes, it may be slightly impractical and yes, I may have bought it from the children's section. But there's just something magical about carrying it around. I feel like a small girl pretending to be like my mum by having my own 'handbag' (although my mums handbags don't tend to be pink or plastic).
Secondly, looking at these pictures makes me realise how ready for winter I am. I can't wait to be wrapped up in cosy jumpers, scarves and woolly tights. While I love flower crowns and pastel colours, nothing quite compares to a warm blanket and a good hot chocolate (particularly while watching Downton Abbey).

Thirdly, I can't believe how quick summer went. Three months have just flown by, and what's scary is that now I'm back at uni, time's going to go even quicker. Of course, there's a lot to look forward to - halloween, Christmas, maybe a cheeky visit to the Venice Biennial. 
But the challenge is to absorb as much of it as possible, bask in the crisp autumn air and not to get overloaded with work. I intend to spend every day making sure I'm productive, happy, and enjoying any (possible) free time - not just sleeping. Easier said than done I think. Hopefully if I stick to that, we'll see a busier blog, busier etsy shop and a happier me!

 Well, those are my Autumn resolutions. Fingers crossed I can sort of complete them! Tell me, what do you want to accomplish this Autumn, and what will you miss from summer? 

Top and bag are from H&M, skirt is from Topshop, shoes are from New Look, socks and headband from Primark.

 Thanks for reading!
Amber, xox