Wednesday, 16 September 2015

What's in my sketchbook? 2/?

This week I moved back to university for my second year, and the past few days have been a blur of days out, packing, unpacking, new people, sloths and cheese toasties. So, this is a fairly simple post with a few developments that have been happening in my nearly useful sketchbook. 
 
Part of me is thrilled to be back to studying and getting stuck into new projects, and the other part is filled with dread. Dread for the early morning seminars, the deadlines, the confusing questions in crits and the struggle to come up with anything to contribute during discussions. Of course, I know it'll all be worth it in the end. But oh, jeez. I think I can already feel the exhaustion.
And that's another insight into my sketchbook complete - another mix of strange layers and new techniques. I really liked some of the details in these pages; the way the text comes through the drawing of the baby - 'broken' gives the piece a whole new meaning. I also liked the layering of sketches and transferred photos - the mix of delicate and detail is interesting. 

What did you find interesting in my work, or in your own work this week? Let me know, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
Amber, xox